Delicious Chicken Dippers
Our home economists coated strips with a slightly sweet sauce before rolling them in a seasoned crumb mixture. Teriyaki sauce complements apricot preserves and honey.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup crushed sesame snack crackers (about 30 crackers)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the preserves, honey, teriyaki sauce and
- lemon juice. Set aside 1/2 cup to serve as a dipping sauce. Add
- chicken to remaining mixture and stir to coat. Let stand for 15
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the cracker crumbs, ginger
- and salt. Add chicken in batches to crumb mixture and shake to coat.
- Place in a single layer on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400°
- for 14-18 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once. Serve with
- reserved sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.