- 3 cups chopped onions
- 1-1/2 cups chopped green peppers
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 to 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- In a 5-qt. Dutch oven, saute the onions, green peppers and garlic in oil until onion is tender. Add chicken; cook and stir for 4 minutes or until browned.
- Add the next 10 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans; cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 14 serving (3-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Chicken Chili in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p22
Reviews for Delicious Chicken Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2011
"Cut the recipe in half and omitted the coriander, and tomato paste simply because it was not available and it still turned out great. Added a little cornstarch to the soup to thicken it a little and voila!"