Delicious Apple Salad
“This yummy fruit salad was a favorite of my great-grandmother’s,” Sue Gronholz writes from Beaver Dam, Wisconsin. “My family always enjoys it, and I’m happy knowing it’s good for them, too.”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups cubed Golden and Red Delicious apples (1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans or walnuts
- In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add celery and
- marshmallows. Stir in mayonnaise. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Just before serving, stir in nuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 152 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.