Delicious Apple Salad Recipe
“This yummy fruit salad was a favorite of my great-grandmother’s,” Sue Gronholz writes from Beaver Dam, Wisconsin. “My family always enjoys it, and I’m happy knowing it’s good for them, too.”
- 3 cups cubed Golden and Red Delicious apples (1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add celery and marshmallows. Stir in mayonnaise. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Just before serving, stir in nuts. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 152 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Delicious Apple Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC