“This is one of my favorite desserts,” confirms Jessie Bradley of Bella Vista, Arkansas. “I took it to a family reunion, and everyone loved it!”
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 4 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 loaf-shaped angel food cake (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups cold fat-free milk
- 2 packages (1 ounce each) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Place the pineapple in a large bowl; gently fold in bananas. Place cake cubes in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Spoon fruit over cake.
- In another large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over fruit. Carefully spread whipped topping over pudding. Sprinkle with pecans. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Delicious Angel Food Dessert in Light & Tasty October 2005, p59
Reviews for Delicious Angel Food Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review