- 2 cans (20 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 4 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 loaf-shaped angel food cake (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups cold fat-free milk
- 2 packages (1 ounce each) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Place the pineapple in a large bowl; gently fold in bananas. Place cake cubes in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Spoon fruit over cake.
- In another large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over fruit. Carefully spread whipped topping over pudding. Sprinkle with pecans. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Delicious Angel Food Dessert
"This dessert is certainly heavenly and a must for family gatherings. Try substituting pomegranite "rubies" for the pistachio nuts for an aesthetically pleasing presentation."
"To: Catherine5240, Try using any pie filling mixed with more fruit (apple pie filling chopped up with diced fresh apples) My husband loves this with blueberry filling and loads of fresh or frozen blueberries or peach filling and peaches."
"Can you make it with something else besides pineapple, I don't like pineapple or strawberries"
"I can't have sugar because I have an issue with chronic kidney infections but this awesome dessert is one that I can have once in a while. I love anything with pineapple or banana and this has both!! I will definitely be making this for every occasion. Thank You for the great recipe!"
"I suppose some dietticians would balk at the amount of fruit sugars in this recipe....however, when my husband (he had diabetes, lung cancer, and heart failure,) was alive, the desserts I made with sugar-free puddings and skim milk surely were better for him than the loaded pumpkin and pecan pies that were also a part of holiday fare. IIt is about balance. I will make this recipe. Combines some of my favorite things, and will be perfect for covered dish dinners."