Delicious Almond Braids Recipe
- 1 package (7 ounces) almond paste
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Place the almond paste, butter and sugar in a food processor; cover and pulse until chopped. Add egg and flour; process until smooth.
- 2. Unfold puff pastry sheets onto a greased baking sheet. Spread half of the filling mixture down the center third of one pastry sheet. On each side, cut eight strips about 3-1/2 in. into the center. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling. Pinch ends to seal. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack.
- 4. Combine the confectioners' sugar, milk and almond extract. Drizzle over braids; sprinkle with almonds. Cut into slices. Yield: 2 braids (6 slices each).
1 slice: 430 calories, 25g fat (8g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Delicious Almond Braids
"This was a huge hit! Everyone loved it, thought it was bought from a special bakery! And the best part was it is so easy to make!"
"This was the first time I have worked with puff pastry and I found it so fun and easy to use. This recipe was a hit, so I made it again the same week! I love almond and my family does as well. The second time I made it I used apple pie filling in the middle and glazed it. That was also a hit, but I think my favorite was the almond! Made it for Christmas, but it is so easy that I know I will make it anytime of year!"