Delicate Mint Thins Recipe
Newly married, I needed something fancy to impress my relatives at a reunion and came up with these cookies. I got many compliments on their subtle flavor.—Kristine McDaniel, Kettering, Ohio
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1-2/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in mint. Shape into two 8-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- 2. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 64 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC