- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1-2/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in mint. Shape into two 8-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Delicate Mint Thins in Taste of Home August/September 2005, p 46
Reviews for Delicate Mint Thins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2008
"These are my new favorite and everyone is asking for the recipe! They certainly are addicting!"