- 7-1/2-in. x 5-in. rectangles. Wrap two of the rectangles separately
- in foil; refrigerate or freeze. Set the other two rectangles aside.
- For frosting, combine the butter, cocoa and milk in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute (the mixture will appear
- curdled). Pour into a large bowl. Gradually add confectioners' sugar
- and vanilla; beat until frosting achieves spreading consistency.
- Frost the top of one cake rectangle; top with the second rectangle.
- Frost top and sides of cake. Yield: 1 two-layer cake (6-8
- servings) plus 2 plain cake portions.
Editor's Note: As a substitute for each cup of self-rising flour, place 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to equal 1 cup.