"I would make these loaded tortilla sandwiches for my husband and son to take for lunch," says Nancy Devilbiss of Leo, Indiana. "My son thought I could peddle them on a street corner—and be sold out in an hour!"
- 1/2 cup garden vegetable cream cheese spread
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 sweet banana peppers, seeded and julienned
- 1 cup sliced ripe olives
- 4 slices Colby cheese
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 thick dill pickle slices
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 thinly sliced deli turkey
- 4 thin slices salami
- Additional ranch salad dressing, optional
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of cream cheese spread over each tortilla. Layer with tomato, peppers, olives, cheeses and pickle slices. Drizzle with salad dressing. Top with lettuce, turkey and salami.
- Roll up tightly; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with additional dressing if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Deli Vegetable Roll-Ups in Country Woman March/April 2000, p26
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Deli Vegetable Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review