- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 hard-cooked large eggs; divided use
- 8 whole baby dill pickles, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dill pickle juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Paprika, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Coarsely chop four eggs. In a large bowl, combine the chopped eggs, pickles, onion and radishes; add potatoes. In a small bowl, combine the Miracle Whip, milk, mustard, pickle juice, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture; stir to combine.
- Slice remaining eggs and arrange over salad; sprinkle with paprika if desired. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Deli-Style Potato Salad
"This is a very good potato salad based on a dill pickle dressing. I had no problem with the dressing separating even after three days."
"I would actually rate this 3.5. The first day it was deliciious. However, after a day or two the pickle juice (vinegar) caused separation and the dressing became a little "loose". Would make it again but would omit the pickle juice."
"Made this for Memorial Day cookout. Really liked it. Nice and creamy, colorful, and different. Will definitely add it to my collection! Thank You!!"
"This is the recipe my grandmother used except for the radishes. Everyone puts in their own little addition. I'll try that. Looks good and pretty, too!"
"We like a potato salad with a little zing so, borrowing a trick from Chef Alton Brown, as soon as my taters are drained I put them in the bowl I'll be using to mix the salad and toss them in about 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar. They will pull it inside as they cool and you get taters that have flavor all the way through."