Deli-Style Pasta Salad Recipe
Pasta provides a base for this tongue-tingling make-ahead salad. It has lots of fresh and satisfying ingredients topped with a flavorful dressing. It's terrific to serve to company or take to a potluck. — Joyce McLennan, Algonac, Michigan
- 1 package (7 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta
- 6 ounces thinly sliced hard salami, julienned
- 6 ounces provolone cheese, cubed
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1. Cook the pasta according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl; add the next nine ingredients.
- 2. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard, basil, oregano, salt and pepper; shake well.
- 3. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and chill for 8 hour or overnight. Toss before serving. Garnish with tomatoes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 273 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 536 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC