Deli-Style Italian Pasta Salad
When I'm having weekend guests, I make this salad the day before they arrive. The flavors blend wonderfully when it is chilled overnight, and it keeps well for several days. It's also a great dish to take along to a picnic or potluck.
-Jill Evely, Wilmore, Kentucky
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and julienned
- 8 ounces sliced salami, julienned
- 8 ounces provolone cheese, julienned
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes, salami, provolone
- cheese, onion, olives and cheese. Add dressing; toss to coat. Cover
- and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Serve with a slotted
- spoon. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 381 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 1,158 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.