When I'm having weekend guests, I make this salad the day before they arrive. The flavors blend wonderfully when it is chilled overnight, and it keeps well for several days. It's also a great dish to take along to a picnic or potluck. -Jill Evely, Wilmore, Kentucky
- 1 package (16 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and julienned
- 8 ounces sliced salami, julienned
- 8 ounces provolone cheese, julienned
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes, salami, provolone cheese, onion, olives and cheese. Add dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Deli-Style Pasta Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Deli-Style Italian Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review