Marinated artichokes, caramelized onions and green olives add loads of flavor to these crusty roast beef sandwiches. They're also good with pastrami or corned beef. —Cameron Byrne, Riverton, Wyoming
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 French bread baguettes (10-1/2 ounces each), split
- 1 pound sliced deli roast beef
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and julienned
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- In a large skillet, cook onions in oil over low heat for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place the cream cheese, ricotta cheese, olives and garlic in a food processor. Cover and process until blended. Spread over baguettes. Layer bread bottoms with roast beef, peppers, artichokes and caramelized onions; replace tops. Cut each into six slices. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Deli Beef Heros in Taste of Home August/September 2010, p27
Reviews for Deli Beef Heros
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review