- butter, shortening, sugar and vanilla; beat in milk mixture until
- sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with 1 cup filling.
- Place remaining filling in a pastry bag with star tip #195; pipe
- filling around outside edge of cake. Sprinkle 1-3/4 cups raspberries
- over filling. Top with second cake layer. Chill.
- For glaze, combine the chocolate chips, cream, butter and corn syrup
- in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat until chocolate is melted,
- stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir until smooth.
- Spread enough glaze over the top of cake to cover. Chill for 10
- minutes. Repeat with remaining glaze, allowing glaze to drape over
- sides. Chill for 1 hour.
- Arrange remaining raspberries on top; add white chocolate garnish and
- pearl dragees if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10-12
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 517 calories, 29 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.