Delectable Raspberry Cream Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- White chocolate garnish and pearl dragees, optional
- 1. Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2. For filling, in a small saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature. In a small bowl, cream the butter, shortening, sugar and vanilla; beat in milk mixture until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with 1 cup filling. Place remaining filling in a pastry bag with star tip #195; pipe filling around outside edge of cake. Sprinkle 1-3/4 cups raspberries over filling. Top with second cake layer. Chill.
- 4. For glaze, combine the chocolate chips, cream, butter and corn syrup in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat until chocolate is melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir until smooth. Spread enough glaze over the top of cake to cover. Chill for 10 minutes. Repeat with remaining glaze, allowing glaze to drape over sides. Chill for 1 hour.
- 5. Arrange remaining raspberries on top; add white chocolate garnish and pearl dragees if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 517 calories, 29 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.