Delectable Maple Nut Chocolates Recipe
"This recipe goes back about 40 years. My father loved anything with maple flavoring, so my mother tweaked a brownie recipe to suit his tastes. She would be so happy to know her recipe is still being made after all these years." –Betsy King, Duluth, Minnesota
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 7-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine milk and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until butter is melted. Place the confectioners' sugar in a large bowl; add milk mixture and beat until smooth. Stir in the walnuts, maple flavoring and vanilla. Roll into 3/4-in. balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- 2. In a microwave, melt the chips, bittersweet chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 13 dozen.
1 candy equals 67 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC