"This recipe goes back about 40 years. My father loved anything with maple flavoring, so my mother tweaked a brownie recipe to suit his tastes. She would be so happy to know her recipe is still being made after all these years." –Betsy King, Duluth, Minnesota
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 7-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- In a small saucepan, combine milk and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until butter is melted. Place the confectioners' sugar in a large bowl; add milk mixture and beat until smooth. Stir in the walnuts, maple flavoring and vanilla. Roll into 3/4-in. balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt the chips, bittersweet chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 13 dozen.
Originally published as Delectable Maple Nut Chocolates in Taste of Home December/January 2011, p99
Reviews for Delectable Maple Nut Chocolates
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review