- 8 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Plain yogurt, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almonds, pecans and coconut. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, oil, honey, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt. Heat for 3-4 minutes over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over the oat mixture; stir to coat.
- Transfer to two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until crisp, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool in pans on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Serve with yogurt if desired. Yield: 11 cups.
Reviews for Delectable Granola
Sort By :
"Great starter recipe! I used brown sugar with stevia to reduce the calories, pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon and added walnuts while leaving out the coconut ( I didn't have any!) DO use the cooler temps 275-320 as it will burn quickly . I also stirred it while it was cooling to reduce any sticking. Nice and crunchy!"
"Not sure if the honey (Manuka) I used was the culprit however, first round with oven at 350F granola was burnt in 15 minutes (it was stirred at 1st 10 minute mark). Second attempt adjusted oven temp to 320F and it came out perfect. Thanks for sharing a great recipe! Will use again."
"This is a great recipe. My husband isn't a granola eater and he eats this recipe like candy."
"My oven is accurate.....the 350* temp is WAY TOO HOT for this!! It browned too soon....what a mess......if you make this, I would recommend baking only @ 275*"
"Hands down, the best granola I've ever had!"