- 8 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Plain yogurt, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almonds, pecans and coconut. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, oil, honey, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt. Heat for 3-4 minutes over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over the oat mixture; stir to coat.
- Transfer to two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until crisp, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool in pans on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Serve with yogurt if desired. Yield: 11 cups.
Reviews for Delectable Granola
Sort By :
This is a great recipe. My husband isn't a granola eater and he eats this recipe like candy.
My oven is accurate.....the 350* temp is WAY TOO HOT for this!! It browned too soon....what a mess......if you make this, I would recommend baking only @ 275*
Hands down, the best granola I've ever had!
I added craisins and raisins after baking. Substituted pancake syrup for real maple, added 1/2 c. wheat bran and 1/3 c. ground flaxseed.
Add your dried fruit after the granola has baked & cooled off.