Delaware Peach Crisp
This recipe is one of our most popular desserts. It was created by John, who is a chef, and a friend when we opened the inn in 1967, The inn was named for the uniforms worn by Colonel John Haslet and his troops. They marched from Dover's Green to join General George Washington in the War from Independence in 1776.Marie Nemphos, King of Prussia, Delaware
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Drain peaches, reserving the syrup in a saucepan; set peaches aside.
- Stir brown sugar, cornstarch, honey, cinnamon and nutmeg into the
- peach syrup until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Add lemon juice, raisins, pecans and
- reserved peaches. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- For topping, combine flour, sugar and butter. Sprinkle over peach
- mixture. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Serve with ice cream if
- desired. Yield: 6 servings.