- 16 to 18 chicken wings (about 4 pounds)
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Carrots and celery sticks
- Blue cheese dressing
- Cut wings into three pieces; discard the wing tips. Fry chicken in hot oil until crisp and juices run clear (5-7 minutes for small part, 6-8 minutes for drumettes).
- Combine butter, hot pepper sauce and vinegar in a bowl; add chicken and toss to coat. Drain. Serve with carrots, celery and dressing. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Spicy Chicken Wings in Country Extra March 1997, p49
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Deep-Fried Spicy Chicken Wings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2012
"This is the way i make mine all the time. If i could rate it i woulkd."
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2011
"WILL MAKE THIS AGAIN, HERE WE COME SUPERBOWL SUNDAY, OOOO YEAH!!!! YUMMY, YUMMY!"