VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 16 to 18 chicken wings (about 4 pounds)
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Carrots and celery sticks
- Blue cheese dressing
- Cut wings into three pieces; discard the wing tips. Fry chicken in hot oil until crisp and juices run clear (5-7 minutes for small part, 6-8 minutes for drumettes).
- Combine butter, hot pepper sauce and vinegar in a bowl; add chicken and toss to coat. Drain. Serve with carrots, celery and dressing. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Spicy Chicken Wings in Country Extra March 1997, p49
Reviews forDeep-Fried Spicy Chicken Wings
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2012
"This is the way i make mine all the time. If i could rate it i woulkd."
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2011
"WILL MAKE THIS AGAIN, HERE WE COME SUPERBOWL SUNDAY, OOOO YEAH!!!! YUMMY, YUMMY!"