- 4-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1-3/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, rice, butter, salt and pepper to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheese, parsley and rice. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Shape 1/2 cupfuls of rice mixture into balls; roll in bread crumbs.
- In a deep-fat fryer or electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Fry rice balls, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Deep-Fried Rice Balls in Taste of Home A+ Recipes from Schools Across America 2013, p103
Reviews for Deep-Fried Rice Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review