Deep-Fried Chicken Wings
A soy sauce mixture with sesame seeds and green onion adds flavor to these deep-fried wings. My mom got the recipe from a friend in Vancouver, British Columbia and passed it on to me. My husband just loves chicken wings, and these are by far his favorite.
-Tami McLean, Brampton, Ontario
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 20 min.
- 15 chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 5 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch, flour, sugar, sesame seeds
- and salt. Combine the eggs, oil and sou sauce; gradually whisk into
- dry ingredients until blended. Stir in onions. Add chicken wings and
- stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Remove wings and discard the batter. In an electric skillet or
- deep-fat fryer, heat 1-1/2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wings, 8-10
- at a time, for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Drain on paper towels. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as