Deep-Fried Chicken Wings Recipe
A soy sauce mixture with sesame seeds and green onion adds flavor to these deep-fried wings. My mom got the recipe from a friend in Vancouver, British Columbia and passed it on to me. My husband just loves chicken wings, and these are by far his favorite. -Tami McLean, Brampton, Ontario
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 20 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 15 chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 5 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1. Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch, flour, sugar, sesame seeds and salt. Combine the eggs, oil and sou sauce; gradually whisk into dry ingredients until blended. Stir in onions. Add chicken wings and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 3. Remove wings and discard the batter. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1-1/2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wings, 8-10 at a time, for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC