Deep-Fried Candy Bars on a Stick Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 fun-size Snickers and/or Milky Way candy bars, frozen
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Wooden skewers
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the egg, water, milk and vanilla; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Dip candy bars into batter.
- 2. In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop candy bars, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 30 seconds on each side. Drain on paper towels. Insert skewers into bars; dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 fried candy bar (calculated without confectioners' sugar) equals 136 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.