Why wait in line for deep-fried candy bars when you can satisfy your curious taste buds in your very own home? —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 fun-size Snickers and/or Milky Way candy bars, frozen
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Wooden skewers
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the egg, water, milk and vanilla; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Dip candy bars into batter.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop candy bars, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 30 seconds on each side. Drain on paper towels. Insert skewers into bars; dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Deep-Fried Candy Bars on a Stick in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011, p13
Reviews for Deep-Fried Candy Bars on a Stick
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review