Deep-Dish Taco Squares
This hearty, comforting dish from Barb Tropansky has plenty of south-of-the-border appeal. "I make a quick crust from biscuit mix and top it with a thick layer of ground beef and cheddar cheese," she explains from Bella Vista, Arkansas.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 cup Reduced Fat Bisquick® mix
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- In a nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in the cheese, mayonnaise,
- sour cream and onion.
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and water. Spread into an 8-in.
- square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with beef mixture
- and tomato. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until
- bottom crust is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 310 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 530 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.