Deep-Dish Taco Squares Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in the cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and onion.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and water. Spread into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with beef mixture and tomato. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until bottom crust is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving equals 310 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 530 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.