This hearty, comforting dish from Barb Tropansky has plenty of south-of-the-border appeal. "I make a quick crust from biscuit mix and top it with a thick layer of ground beef and cheddar cheese," she explains from Bella Vista, Arkansas.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- In a nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in the cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and onion.
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and water. Spread into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with beef mixture and tomato. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until bottom crust is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Deep-Dish Taco Squares in Light & Tasty October/November 2001, p61
Reviews for Deep-Dish Taco Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review