- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl; turn once to greased top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; roll out into a 15-in. circle. Transfer to a
- well-greased 12-in. heavy ovenproof skillet or round baking pan,
- letting dough drape over edges. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella.
- In a skillet, saute the green peppers, onion and seasonings in oil
- until tender; drain. Layer half of the mixture over crust. Layer
- with half of the Parmesan, sausage and tomatoes. Sprinkle with 2
- cups mozzarella. Repeat layers. Fold crust over to form an edge.
- Bake for 400° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with pepperoni and
- remaining mozzarella. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until crust is
- browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 slices.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 548 calories, 34 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 1,135 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.