Deep-Dish Plum Cobbler
This plum cobbler is as pleasing to the eye as it is to the taste buds.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + standing Bake: 40 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds plums, pitted and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Pastry for a single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 egg white
- Place plums in a large bowl. In another bowl, combine the sugar,
- tapioca, almond extract and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly;
- gently stir into plums. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Roll out pastry to
- 1/8-in. thickness; make a lattice crust. Place over filling. Trim
- edges. Beat egg white until foamy; brush over pastry. Bake at
- 425° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 10-12
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 261 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 115 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.