Deep-Dish Pizza Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, salt, oil and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Cover and let rest for 20 minutes.
- 2. On a floured surface, roll into a 13-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with beef.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine soup and seasonings; spoon over beef. Top with the green pepper, mushrooms and cheese.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until crust and cheese are lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 364 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 704 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.