- powder and salt. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and
- elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise
- in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Punch dough down; roll into a 14-in. circle. Transfer to a
- well-greased 10-in. ovenproof skillet, letting dough drape over the
- side. Combine the mozzarella, Swiss and cheddar cheeses; sprinkle 1
- cup over dough. Set remaining cheese mixture aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the green peppers, onions and herbs in oil
- until tender. Spoon half of vegetables over cheese. Layer with half
- of the Parmesan cheese and tomatoes. Sprinkle with 2 cups of the
- reserved cheese mixture. Layer with the remaining vegetables,
- Parmesan cheese and tomatoes.
- Fold crust over filling toward center of skillet to form an edge.
- Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with pepperoni and
- remaining cheese mixture. Bake 5 minutes longer or until crust is
- golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.