- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms, carrots, onion and green pepper
- in butter until tender. Add the venison, broth, thyme and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or
- until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Combine the flour and water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to
- a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to
- a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Spread mashed potatoes over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is
- melted. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 248 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 513 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.