- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 2-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- Pastry for single-crust pie (8 inches)
- Melt butter in a saucepan; stir in flour, salt, mustard and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk and onion; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in ham, peas and eggs. Pour into an ungreased 8-in. square or 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. On a floured surface, roll pastry to fit top of dish; place over filling. Seal and flute edges; cut slits in the top. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forDeep-Dish Ham Pie
"The taste is nice, but my crust was definitely over done with the time guidelines here. I would add some more color to the recipe next time to brighten it up and add some more flavor."
"This is the BEST recipe EVER for left over ham. Don't have to tweak or add at all. In fact, my husbnd is from Somerset, PA and he was thrilled to have this taste from home. :) Thanks for posting."
"My family loves this recipe. I usually make a bisquick crust instead of a pie crust."
"One of my favorite recipes & one I make often. My family really likes it!!!"
"My husband doesn't like peas so I substituted chopped broccoli. It tastes very good. I thought that the boiled eggs in it sounded a little odd but when I tried it I was pleasantly surprised. It really is a great recipe I have made it quite a few times now."