- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1/4 cup grenadine syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour and nutmeg. Add peaches; toss well to coat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in grenadine and lemon juice. Pour into crust; dot with butter. Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Deep Dish Georgia Peach Pie in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2009, p69
Reviews for Deep Dish Georgia Peach Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2010
"no topping in recipe so I just put on another crust. Turned out very soupy with a strong nutmeg flavor."
Reviewed Aug. 30, 2010
"what about the topping?"