- the pastry to fit an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish; line dish with
- For filling, melt butter in a large saucepan; stir in flour until
- smooth. Add the cream, broth, salt, thyme and pepper. Bring to a
- boil; boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the chicken, peas, potatoes, carrots and onion. Pour into
- prepared dish. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of dish. Place
- over filling; seal edges. Cut slits in top; brush with milk.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 672 calories, 35 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 142 mg cholesterol, 823 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.