- with edge; set aside.
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, peas, potatoes,
- carrots, celery and onion; set aside. In a large saucepan, melt
- butter. Stir in flour, bouillon, tarragon and pepper until smooth.
- gradually stir in the milk and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir into chicken mixture; spoon
- into crust.
- Roll out reserved dough to fit top of pie. Make cutouts in pastry.
- Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Brush additional
- milk over pastry.
- Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and
- filling is bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 634 calories, 32 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 957 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.