- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare roll mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, peppers, onion and seasonings in remaining oil until vegetables are tender. Return chicken to the pan.
- Roll dough into a 17-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; build up edges slightly. Spread sauce over dough. Top with chicken mixture and cheeses.
- Wrap and freeze for up to 2 months or bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until crust and cheeses are lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- To use frozen pizza: Thaw in the refrigerator. Uncover and bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 pieces.
Originally published as Deep-Dish Chicken Pizza in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p35
Reviews for Deep-Dish Chicken Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2012
"One of my absolute favorites!! It is so pretty with all the brightly colored veggies. The chicken is flavored deliciously. I could not find roll mix, so I used 2 refrigerated pizza crusts in a rectangular pan. Yum!"