- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and water until a soft dough forms. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with beef, tomatoes and green pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the onions, 1/2 cup cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise; spread over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until edges are browned. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forDeep-Dish Beef Bake
"I have made this a couple of times, using what I had. Made with pie crust instead of biscuit; liked that better. Also misread recipe and thought it said cup cheese so substituted ricotta, actually turned out quite tasty. My husband thinks salsa would spice it up but does like original recipe too"
"I loved this recipe it was so easy and delicious. I will definitely fix this one again."