Deep-Dish Beef Bake Recipe
When tomatoes and green pepper are plentiful in my garden, I slice the tomatoes and chop the peppers, then freeze them on baking sheets. When they're frozen, I put them in heavy-duty bags and store for later use in this casserole.Karen Owen, Rising Sun, Indiana
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and water until a soft dough forms. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with beef, tomatoes and green pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the onions, 1/2 cup cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise; spread over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until edges are browned. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Deep-Dish Beef Bake in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p159
Reviews for Deep-Dish Beef Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2010
I loved this recipe it was so easy and delicious. I will definitely fix this one again.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >