Dee's Grilled Tuna with Greens Recipe
- 1 pound tuna steaks
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 3/4 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- CITRUS VINAIGRETTE:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Brush tuna with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side for rare; cook longer if desired. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the spinach, tomatoes, edamame and corn. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients; drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
- 3. Divide salad among four plates; slice tuna and arrange over salads. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
2 cups salad with 3 ounces cooked tuna equals 294 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Dee's Grilled Tuna with Greens
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.