Slices of moist, tender tuna top this colorful combination of fresh spinach, grape tomatoes, corn and edamame (green soy beans). The tangy vinaigrette sparks the salad’s flavors. —Delawrence Reed, Durham, North Carolina
- 1 pound tuna steaks
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 3/4 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- CITRUS VINAIGRETTE:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Brush tuna with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side for rare; cook longer if desired. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the spinach, tomatoes, edamame and corn. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients; drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
- Divide salad among four plates; slice tuna and arrange over salads. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Dee's Grilled Tuna with Greens in Taste of Home April/May 2011, p69
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Dee's Grilled Tuna with Greens
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review