- a decoration of your choice. Spread a thin layer of white icing
- around edge of bottom shell and place top shell on bottom shell
- with edges matching.
- Zigzags: Cut a small hole in the corner
- of a pastry or plastic bag. Insert star pastry tip #21 and add white
- icing. Referring to the photos for position and holding bag at a
- 45° angle, pipe zig - zags around the seam and window opening.
- Roses: If you are using store-bought candy roses, refer to photo for
- position and attach roses to top of egg using a
- dab of icing.
- If you are making icing roses, cut a hole in the corner of a pastry
- or plastic bag. Insert round tip #12 and fill with purple
- icing. Holding the bag straight up, pipe a dome-shaped mound of icing
- on the flower nail. See Fig. 1a.
- With petal tip #103 and purple frosting, hold pastry bag at a 45°
- angle, wide end of tip down. Turn nail and squeeze bag to form bud
- as shown in Fig. 1a.
- Holding pastry bag with narrow end farther away from the rose tip and
- turning the nail, pipe a row of three standing petals. See Fig. 1b.
- Pipe a second row of petals, holding the narrow tip end at a greater
- angle. Repeat for a third row as shown in Fig. 1c.
- Gently slide the ends of scissors underneath rose and remove it from
- nail. Referring to photo for position, place rose on top of egg.
- In same way, make two more roses and add them to top of egg.
- For leaves, cut a hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag.
- Insert leaf tip #67 and fill with green frosting. Pipe leaves around
- FINISHING: Arrange Easter grass on cake plate. Place egg in center of
- plate. Arrange jelly beans around egg. Yield: 1 EGG.
Note: If you are using store-bought sugar roses instead of creating roses with icing, omit the red and blue liquid food coloring and cut the rest of the icing recipe in half. Also, you will not need the flower nail and round, petal and leaf pastry tips.
Shopping information: The egg mold and flower nail are available from Wilton Industries. To order, call 1-800/794-5866 or visit the company’s Web site, www. wilton.com.
Finished size: Egg shown is 5-3/4 inches long x 4 inches wide x 4-1/4 inches high.