- thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutter. Place 2 in.
- apart on greased baking sheets. Repeat.
- Bake at 350° for 13-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove
- to wire racks to cool completely.
- For icing, in a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, water,
- meringue powder, corn syrup and extract if desired; beat on low
- speed just until combined. Beat on high for 4-5 minutes or until
- stiff peaks form. Keep unused icing covered at all times with a damp
- cloth. If necessary, beat again on high speed to restore texture.
- Frost cookies. Let stand until set.
- To decorate cookies, place melted candy coating in small resealable
- plastic bags; cut a small hole in the corner of each bag. Decorate
- cookies as desired. Yield: 6 dozen.
Cookie Place Cards: Pipe names on frosted cookies using melted candy coating. Let stand until set. For each cookie, lay one caramel flat; cut diagonally into two pieces. Using royal icing or melted candy coating, attach caramel pieces to back of cookie, allowing it to stand. Let stand until dry.