Decorated Christmas Cutout Cookies Recipe
Rich, buttery cookies like these never last long at a party. I use seasonal cutters to celebrate the holidays tastefully. —Lynn Burgess, Rolla, Missouri
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Tinted frostings, colored sugars, edible glitter and nonpareils
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Chill for 1 hour or until firm.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in thickness. Cut out with Christmas cookie cutters of your choice. Using a floured spatula, transfer cookies to greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire racks.
- 3. Decorate cookies with frosting and colored sugars. Yield: 6-7 dozen (2-1/2-inch cookies).
1 serving (1 each) equals 47 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Decorated Christmas Cutout Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC