Decorated Christmas Cutout Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Tinted frostings, colored sugars, edible glitter and nonpareils
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut out with Christmas cookie cutters of your choice. Using a floured spatula, transfer cookies to greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Decorate cookies with frosting, sugars and candies. Yield: 6-7 dozen (2-1/2-inch cookies).
Reviews for Decorated Christmas Cutout Cookies(9)
Sort By :
Simple and tasty!
Excellent and the dough is easy to work with.
The best sugar/butter cookies ever. I'm usually impartial to these types of cookies but these ones are fantastic. They won't last long!
These are the perfect cookies for decorating. They are nice and soft with a great light flavor that goes well by itself or with frosting.
Nice soft texture and classic sugar cookie flavor. I like a more buttery cookie, but this is what you expect when you bite into a sugar cookie. I decorated mine with colored sugars.