Decorated Christmas Cutout Cookies Recipe
Rich, buttery cookies like these never last long at a party. I use seasonal cutters to celebrate the holidays tastefully. —Lynn Burgess, Rolla, Missouri
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Tinted frostings, colored sugars, edible glitter and nonpareils
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut out with Christmas cookie cutters of your choice. Using a floured spatula, transfer cookies to greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Decorate cookies with frosting, sugars and candies. Yield: 6-7 dozen (2-1/2-inch cookies).
Originally published as Decorated Christmas Cutout Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Cookies & Candies 2007, p27
Reviews for Decorated Christmas Cutout Cookies(11)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2013
Beautiful dough and rolled out nice.
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2013
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2012
Simple and tasty!
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2012
Excellent and the dough is easy to work with.
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2012
The best sugar/butter cookies ever. I'm usually impartial to these types of cookies but these ones are fantastic. They won't last long!