Deconstructed Raspberry Pie Recipe
- 2-2/3 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons whipped cream in a can
- 1/4 teaspoon baking cocoa
- 1. In a small bowl, combine raspberries and sugar; set aside.
- 2. In another small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press into an 8x6-in. rectangle on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Break into large pieces.
- 3. To assemble, divide half of graham cracker pieces among four dessert plates; top with 1/3 cup raspberries. Repeat layers. Top each with 1 tablespoon whipped cream and dust with cocoa. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 153 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Deconstructed Raspberry Pie
"This "pie" disappeared almost as fast as it was to assemble. I'll make this again with blueberries or strawberries, next time. It's a real winner."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.