Deconstructed Raspberry Pie
It took us a couple tries to get the crumb crust just right in this fun-to-make and even-funner-to-eat graham cracker pie. Try it with fresh strawberries or blueberries. —Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 5 min. + cooling
- 2-2/3 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons whipped cream in a can
- 1/4 teaspoon baking cocoa
- In a small bowl, combine raspberries and sugar; set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press into
- an 8-in. x 6-in. rectangle on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at
- 350° for 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely
- on a wire rack. Break into large pieces.
- To assemble, divide half of graham cracker pieces among four dessert
- plates; top with 1/3 cup raspberries. Repeat layers. Top each with 1
- tablespoon whipped cream and dust with cocoa. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 153 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a