Deconstructed Pear Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) corn bread stuffing mix
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium pears, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1. Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle chops with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in butter. Sprinkle with pears and red pepper.
- 2. Top with stuffing and onions. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 3/4 cup stuffing mixture: 603 calories, 28g fat (14g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 1094mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 38g protein
Reviews for Deconstructed Pear Pork Chops
"This was easy and delicious, the whole family loved it! Will be making this over and over"
"I made this last night for dinner and it was delicious! It could easily be stretched to have 6 pork chops and still have enough stuffing."
"Love this recipe and very tasty!"
"Easy and a hit with the whole family."
"I tried this recipe the other day and it was a hit with the family! Everyone kept going back to the pan for more. This had a nice mix of flavor and texture and left us enough for a second meal."
"I enjoyed the simplicity, even tho I had to make sure I had all the ingredients at the same time. I added a little olive oil with the butter to make sure the pork chops didn't stick to the pan. It makes a nice visually attractive dish, and is very tasty, too!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.