- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a bowl, combine cheese, mushrooms, mayonnaise and bacon; cover and refrigerate. In another bowl, combine the beef, onion, salt, pepper, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce. Shape into six 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 4-5 minutes on each side. Spoon cheese mixture on top of each burger. Grill 1-2 minutes longer or until the cheese begins to melt. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Decked-Out Burgers
Sort By :
"Have been using this recipe since it came out in the magazine. It's a big family fav."
"I have been making these for a lot of years. Everytime we go to a cookout people ask me to make this topping for the burgers. It just makes a burger special."