"This is an easy way to make ordinary burgers taste exceptionally good," writes Karen Bourne from Magrath, Alberta. "Guests always enjoy the flavorful topping that's made with bacon, cheese, mushrooms and mayonnaise."
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a bowl, combine cheese, mushrooms, mayonnaise and bacon; cover and refrigerate. In another bowl, combine the beef, onion, salt, pepper, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce. Shape into six 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 4-5 minutes on each side. Spoon cheese mixture on top of each burger. Grill 1-2 minutes longer or until the cheese begins to melt. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Decked-Out Burgers in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p38
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Decked-Out Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review