- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in milk; heat through. Stir in cream cheese until blended. Add spinach and Italian seasoning; heat through.
- Drain tortellini; toss with sauce and tomato. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Decadent Tortellini Primavera
Sort By :
"Absolutely wonderful! My husband even ate vegetarian this night!!"
"Delicious recipe. It is definitely a do it again recipe. May try it with chunks of chicken in it."
"Wow! I'm surprised at the differences in appeal of this dish. I LOVE IT!! But then, I love cheese stuffed tortellini....so maybe that's the thing. This was decadant and very yummy. I would make it for a party! But I could see where you may want to salt it if you're used to that...I'm used to a low salt diet so it did not bother me."
"I can't even click on a star...this is one of the worst meals I have ever made. No one, even my sonwho will eat anything pushed it aside. YUK!!!"
"Did not like - too rich, pasty, & tasteless - sorry!"