Everyone I serve it to seems to love the rich chocolate flavor of this attractive cake. My husband of 36 years and I have one married son and two granddaughters.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces German sweet chocolate, melted
- 1 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon shortening, divided
- Cream butter in a large bowl. Gradually mix in sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine buttermilk and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with flour, beginning and ending with flour. Add melted chocolate, chocolate syrup and vanilla. Stir in 1 cup miniature chocolate chips. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Immediately invert cake onto a serving plate; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt white chocolate and 2 tablespoons shortening; stir until smooth. Cool slightly; drizzle over cake. Melt remaining chips and shortening in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Drizzle over white chocolate. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Decadent Fudge Cake in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate 1994, p7
Reviews for Decadent Fudge Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review